Sunday 26 February 2012

ORA-12163: TNS:connect descriptor is too long

ORA-12163: TNS:connect descriptor is too long

Cause: The connect descriptor corresponding to the net service name specified as the connect identifier is too long. The maximum length for a connect descriptor is 512 bytes and this limit has been exceeded.

Action: Check the net service name s connect descriptor in the local naming file (TNSNAMES.ORA) or in the directory server (Oracle Internet Directory). Use a smaller connect descriptor. If this is not possible, contact Worldwide Customer Support.

4 comments:

  1. I got the same issue in occi c++ application on ubuntu 16.04 and oracle 12c please any one help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this issue with occi too.
      I test connection with netmng successful.
      I test connection with sqlplus successful.
      But with occi I got this strange error.

      Any solution?

      Delete
    2. I resolve the problem here.
      My problem was because my gcc version is 7.+
      Probably OCCI Instant Client 11.2 is not compatible with this version.
      I did a downgrade for gcc 4.8 and all works fine.

      Best regards

      Delete
  2. ORA-12163: TNS:connect descriptor is too long

    ReplyDelete